The application has been designed to be easily navigated using with a keyboard using the standard keys for your browser. For most browsers the following keys work:
- ‘Tab’ key to focus on the next link
- ‘Shift’ + ‘Tab’ to focus on the previous link
- ‘Enter’ to activate the currently selected link
Screen Reader Navigation
- ‘H’ to cycle forwards through the headings
- ‘Shift’ + ‘H’ to cycle backwards through the headings
- ‘1’ to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- ‘Shift’ + ‘1’ to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- ‘Insert’ + ‘F6’ in JAWS or NVDA + ‘F7’ in NVDA to provide a list of all headings
- Press the ‘Tab’ key to proceed through the links or ‘Shift’ + ‘Tab’ to cycle backwards through the links.
- ‘Insert’ + ‘F7’ to provide a list of all links
The site is designed to work seamlessly across screen sizes. This makes it possible to use your browser’s “zoom” feature to make content larger and easier to read without causing a horizontal scroll bar to appear.
Lewis Wind Power aims to provide a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
- The colour contrast of text conforms to at least WCAG AA standard.
- There are text alternatives for non-text content.
- Keyboard navigation has been carefully considered and tested – see keyboard controls.
- Modal dialogs / popups have been avoided.
- There is a skip to content link.
- Focused elements are clearly highlighted.
- Section headings are used to organise the content.
- Landmark roles have been employed to help you to navigate each page.
- To help you enjoy this content in a variety of platforms it has been designed to be mobile friendly, and resize for a variety of screen sizes and devices.
Due to certain constraints, we may have to include technologies and features that can cause accessibility issues from time to time.
Lewis Wind Power does not assume responsibility for third party applications.
Let us know if you have difficulties using this site
If you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know.